My Knowledge Base was founded in 2013 by a group of GP, English and Humanities teachers who believe that tuition should not be a replication of school classrooms. Tuition should be based on a personalised and nurturing environment. We believe that tutors should work with each student based on his/her goals and dreams, encouraging each individual to fulfil their potential. To this end, MKB keeps our class sizes small to ensure student participation and to facilitate a close rapport between our tutors and students.
We welcome students of all abilities as we believe that every student deserves the help they require in order to excel. Apart from a strong focus on academic skills, our goal is to engender in each student the self-confidence needed to face their challenges. Our tutors provide free consultations, working together with our students every step of the way. We also offer unlimited marking of homework that is tailor-made for every student.
My Knowledge Base focuses on deeper learning. Our experienced tutors ENGAGE our students through thought-provoking discussions in a dynamic environment.
Our learner-centred pedagogy encourages students to understand, articulate and ANALYSE pertinent issues and questions confronting global and local communities.
We facilitate the development of independent thinking and evaluative skills that students will be able to APPLY during academic assessments and in their future careers.
My Knowledge Base offers coaching in other skills
University Application and Interview Skills
My Knowledge Base offers tailored coaching and mentoring for students looking to apply for scholarships and university courses. We focus on guiding students through the application and interview process, including the crafting of personal statements and honing of interview techniques.
Independent Research Coaching
Our team of seasoned academics offer coaching to assist students who are undertaking independent research projects.
Our academic coaching sessions focus on the following outcomes –
- Developing research skills
- Crafting a good research paper
- Writing academically
- Mastering effective oral presentation skills
Cost: $100 per hour (1 to 1 sessions)
199B Thomson Road,
Singapore 307636 (NEXT TO NOVENA MRT)
Mobile: 9727 4993
Email : email@example.com
Due to the increasing demands of high quality private tuition, our centre has invested in 3 fully equipped classrooms. Each is furnished with a projector, air-conditioner, AV system and a whiteboard. Our smaller rooms have a capacity of 10 students and the largest one is able to comfortably seat 25 students.
My Knowledge Base’s Centre proudly boasts facilities with a professional waiting area, high-tech photocopy machine, hygienic pantry and sanitized restrooms.
We offer hourly room rental at competitive rates for independent tutors and small businesses. Please CONTACT US for more details.
Terms & Conditions
- My Knowledge Base follows an academic year of 4 terms, which each term running for 10 weeks. Students will be provided with a schedule detailing the dates of each term.
- Fees are charged in blocks of 10 sessions and payable in advance at the beginning of each term. Good and Services Tax (“GST”) is not charged. Fees will be pro-rated if the student registers and commences lessons at any juncture of the term.
- My Knowledge Base is open for lessons during all public and school holidays, with the exception of the following:
- Christmas and New Year – Closed from 24 December to 1 January
- Chinese New Year – Closed on Days 1 & 2
- Students who wish to continue with lessons during the school holidays will be charged separately for the additional sessions attended outside of teh 10 week academic term.
- Any special prices or discounts that may be offered are quoted per student and at the discretion of My Knowledge Base.
- Payment of fees can be made via:
- Cash (at our premises)
- Cheque made payable to “My Knowledge Base Pte Ltd“
- All Payments of fees are non-refundable. However, fees can be credited to the following term if the student is able to produce a medical certificate for the date/s that the student was absent.
- If a student is absent for any reasons other than a valid medical condition, the student may arrange to attend a class of a similar level during the same week. It is at the tutor’s discretion to decide if a make-up lesson is necessary.
- My Knowledge Base reserves the right to reschedule or cancel any class at any time during the term. In the event of cancelled classes, fees paid for the cancelled classes can be credited to the following term.
- My knowledge Base adopts the practice of “Team Teaching” for the teaching of some subjects, with each class helmed by a specific tutor. The centre reserves the right to assign tutors to classes, as deemed appropriate.
- Tutors and staff will endeavour to provide reasonable care of the students while they are under the care or supervision of My Knowledge Base.
- All costs incurred as a result of any damage, injury, loss, expense, or liability that may be caused to public and/or private property by the student will be paid by the parents/guardians.
- These terms and conditions, the policies for payment, and the amount of fees, may be varied by notice in writing to the student and/or parents or guardians of the student.